15 May 2015
Don’t forget today is the day to make your submission to the annual review of BC(A)R SI.9. Submissions to be made to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The review of the S.I. No. 9 of 2014 formally began on April 2nd followed by an invitation-only stakeholder consultative forum hosted by Minister Coffey on 15 April 2015. Stakeholders have had the past month to follow up with a full written submission reporting on their experiences to date and recommending any further changes. Written submissions are also invited from members of the public and industry in general, and should be sent to email@example.com by today 15th May 2015.
The last public consultation in 2012 on SI.80 (precursor to SI.9) received over 500 submissions, many of which never were made public.
The BRegs Blog is happy to consider all submissions, both supportive and critical, of SI.9 for publication on the Blog.
13 Other posts of interest:
- Radical plan to exempt new homes from building rules | Independent
- Building Control Inspections should be independent | RIAI
- Residential completions continue to stall | Department of the Environment
- Self-regulation did not work in the past – and it won’t work in the future |Paul Meila
- BC(A)R Review Meeting is “…a gathering top-heavy with vested interests.” | Irish Examiner
- Engineers encouraged to hold firm on Fees | Engineers Ireland
- Are there enough certifiers? | RIAI Survey
- Regulations add up to €60k to house cost | Karl Deeter
- Dáil: Fall in Housing Construction following introduction of Building Control Regulations
- Independent inspection is essential – Flawed building regulations | Irish Examiner
- SCSI: Republic built 2,000 fewer new homes than official estimate | Irish Times
- One year on: Reflections on the Building Control Amendment Regulations (SI.9 of 2014) | Michael Collins FRIAI
- Irish Planning Permissions 2014: The Crisis Drags On | Constantin Gurdgiev