14 March 2016
The Building Control Management System (BCMS) is seen as one of the successes of the Local Government Management Agency (LGMA) in recent years, a central portal for all commencement notices and information relating to Building Control nationwide. Although there have been teething problems the system has adapted to user needs and been responsive to industry issues over the last two years. See earlier posts below.To visit the BCMS just click on the image above.
The following alert was issued by the Royal Institute of the Architects of Ireland to practices on Wednesday, March 02, 2016:
We are grateful to RIAI Member Albert Noonan for alerting us to this recent problem. The problem of lodging a 7-Day Notice has been acknowledged by the LGMA and they are working on it to fix it.
The problem: when a 7-Day Notice submission is edited, the Notice type changes to a Commencement Notice with documentation and it is not possible to change it back.
Finola Cassidy of the LGMA offers the following advice:
There are two options at this stage:
1. Start the process once more and complete it without editing. This should work o.k.
2. Continue with the application and upload the CORRECT documentation, i.e. the seven day notice documentation
- Form of 7 – Day Notice
- Design Certificate – Form of Certificate of Compliance (Design) (You may already have this – same as Commencement Notice)
- Notice of Assignment of Builder (You may already have this – same as Commencement Notice)
- Notice of Assignment of Assigned Certifier (You may already have this – same as Commencement Notice)
- Undertaking by Builder (You may already have this – same as Commencement Notice)
- Undertaking by Assigned Certifier (You may already have this – same as Commencement Notice)
- All supporting Documents e.g. drawings, compliance report, site location map, floor plans and elevations, site layout, etc.
As there is a problem at the moment, they will accept a handwritten a Seven Day Notice Form and/or changes made manually to the form as long as the details agree with those on BCMS.
Please make sure that the correct Barcode appears at the top of the documentation. If it does not, please change it manually.
N.B. The Statutory Declaration and fee must be made through the office. Please do not make the payment online as by doing so the application will be processed as ‘Submitted’ and I will not be able to change the application type to ‘Seven Day Notice’. They would have to start the process again.
The complete Fire Safety Certificate application (signed) must be submitted at the same time as the Seven Day Notice and must be done in hard copy.
When they are happy that there is a full submission being made, they will process the payment and change the application type to Seven Day Notice and record it as being received from that date. They have been assured by the LGMA that this is possible.
N.B. The advice to Albert Noonan is to enclose a copy of this email with the application.